Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Roll Tide Platter

Roooooolllll TIDE! This is the plate that I made for my friend Ashley for Christmas! I did alot of "semi-homemade" Christmas presents this year! It was so much more fun than buying something from the store. I think this was one of my favorite gifts to make. Ashley & her husband are big Alabama fans and their living room and dining room are all decked out with Daniel Moore Alabama portraits. So I thought this would fit right in! I bought the Roll Tide decal at the Delta Zeta Marketplace from Simply Stated Walls. It is the same type of decal used on the "jingle all the way" mirror. I found the plate at Wal-Mart in the Christmas section for only $5! What a bargain. I cleaned the plate then peeled the backing off of the decal, centered it and etched it onto the plate. The most amazing thing about this plate is that it can be used as decoration or to serve food on because the decal is dishwasher safe! :) Two-for-one! I bought the black plate stand at Micheals using a coupon, of course! I thought it turned out looking great! I now want to make myself one!
Ashley was so excited when she opened up the plate! She loved it! I can't wait for next football season to roll around so we can bake Alabama cupcakes and serve them on her new platter!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment