Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hoedown '07


Every fall, my home church Locust Grove has their annual Hoedown at the Fanning Farm. It's quite an event. Everyone brings a dish to share and there's lots of hot chocolate & hot cider to pass around. They also do hayrides around the farm to enterain all the kiddos!
I had the idea for this layout nearly a year ago. I found the straw background paper on a random trip to Hobby Lobby & bought it hoping I could use it for this layout one day. On that same trip I found the Jolee's Boutique Hayride embellishment stickers but I decided to wait on purchasing them. I'm glad I did because I ended up finding them at half price on Ebay. Creating this page was simple. I cut out a long rectangular strip of orange cardstock, then a smaller green one, and then an even smaller brown one. I layered them and gluded them together. I bordered the pictures with a redish-orange cardstock and glued them in place. I then placed the 3D Jolee's stickers around the page. I used my Cricut to cut out the title. I cut out the title first in brown using the shadow effect. Then cut the title out again in the redish-orange paper in non-shadow font. I then glued them together creating a layered effect for the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment