Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, October 2, 2009

High School Memories


This was such an exciting night! My best friend Casey Clark was nominated to be a representative of our Senior class on the Homecoming Court! All 4 of us girls were so excited for her that night and anxious to see who was going to be crowned Homecoming queen. When they announced that Casey was the 2005-2006 Buckhorn High School Homecoming Queen we all screamed and jumped up and down! :) She was so excited that she cried! To capture this memory I used this flowery paper as a background. The paper came from Hobby Lobby. I matched the colors to her sash and my shirt. I bought corresponding polka dotted paper which was used as the first background layer behind the pictures. To make the polka dotted paper stand out, I put plain turqoise paper as another layer behind the pictures. I took the same turqoise paper and inked the edges with brown ink to create a distressed look. I then used a red calligraphy pen to journal. To create the crown I used my Cricket. I cut out the crown shape then put Elmers glue onto a Q-tip and spread it all over the crown. I then put silver glitter on and let it dry. After it was dry, I added jewels on top of the crown. I think my favorite part of this page is the crown. I wanted an embellishment on this page that stood out! Nothings better than a little glitter! :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment