Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gatlinburg 2008


I love love love love this layout! In January of 2008 Casey, Michelle and I took a mini vacation to Gatlinburg, TN. We took a 2 night 3 day get away after new years before school started back! It was the first trip we'd all been on with out PARENTS! :) It was so much fun. We stayed in a hotel that was within walking distance of the Gatlingburg strip. It even SNOWED while we were down there! We ate at Bubba Gump's the first night we were there. That next day we walked the strip and went into Pigeon Forge. The last morning we were there we walked to the Pancake Pantry for breakfast. It was such a fun trip.
This was also a really fun page to create. I bought the winter paper that is used for the background and the snowflake paper & white paper used as the border for the pictures at Hobby Lobby. After I purchased the paper my friend Ashley came over to scrapbook and brought her Hobby Lobby magazine, and low and behold the front cover had a layout using the exact same paper!! It was like a light bulb went off when I saw the magazine. I had to tweak it a little to suit my pictures but I love it. I put white paper around the tops & bottoms of the pictures first. Then I put the snowflake paper underneath the white paper, creating a double border. I then put rows of silver rhinestones on one side of each of the pictures. The rhinestones are a Paper Studio product and purchased at Hobby Lobby. I then took plain white paper and cut it with a wavy border to resemble snow and glued it to the bottom of my pages. Around the waves of the "snow" I put blue rhinestones. Those were also purchased at Hobby Lobby. The stickers came from Hobby Lobby. They are the cardstock stickers. I believe the title of those are WINTER. The title GATLINBURG 2008 was cut out of white cardstock using my Cricut. Again, I love this page! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment